Wednesday 3 February 2010

DPS Main Image







For my photo shoot I decided to go with the option of the photosoot plan to use a bathroom as the background. I did this as I thought it would be the most effective background as it is a background that is commonly used in grunge/rock/pop photoshoots and that would comply with my magazines genre. The background has connotations of getting ready for a party or night out showing elements of fun and youth and also of femininity as the group is an all girl band.




1) 'Enhance'->'Auto levels': The program automatically corrects the average issues of the level of contrast/brightness and tonal so i do not need to do this manually.


2)'Enhance'->'Auto contrast': Contrast levels are automatically fixed therefore i do not need to do this manually.


3)'Adjustment layer'-(hue/saturation) -> photo filter x3: I adjusted the colour of the image giving it a slight orange, black, blue hue to make the location and models look more


visually appealing fixing the quality of the skin tone giving it an overexposed look as is the theme of the style of images throughout my magazine.


4)'Burn Tool': I used this tool to darken the models eyelashes to bring attention to the eyes and to darken their lips to make it seem as though they are wearing bright red lipstick (a rebellious colour).


5)'Dodge Tool': I used this tool to bring out the highlights in the models hair and to bring out the white of their clothing so it did not blend in with the dull white of the background as the models are the main focus.


6)'Blur Tool': I used this tool to smooth the models skin to fix their blemishes.


7)'Clone Tool': I used this tool to fix the higher models stray hair by cloning the tiles around her head to give the image a more smooth tidy look.








No comments:

Post a Comment