Wednesday 4 November 2009

Unedited photos for the contents page




After i had finished the photo shoot plan for my contents page images I collected the props i needed such as the letters and the folders and books in order to carry out my plans.


I used the rooms lighting in both photos as i wanted my images to seem natural rather than meticulously planned like i had done with the main image of my magazine cover.


At home i collected envelopes and two school letters and arranged them on a pile on the floor to illustrate the postal strike story that school letters are being held up. They were too big to use macro and if i used flash it would over expose the image so i used a plain photo type. I used a aerial shot on the photos to convey how the letters are being backed up in the post office in vast piles.


At school at lunchtime i had arranged for two of my friends to model for my Sixth Form Survival Guide story showing two students with a vast amount of work in front of them which they are being overwhelmed by shown by the vast amount of folders in the foreground and the defeatist attitude of Laura's pose showing that A levels can be daunting and many people struggle with the work load. This would appeal to most students at sixth form especially those who are finding it the hardest to adjust between the jump from GCSE to A level. Again i used the room lighting and no flash for the same reasons as the letters photo but this time i used a level mid shot to put emphasis on the models 'frustration' through their expressions and their postures and to make the work in front of them look more daunting as you cannot see the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment