Saturday 24 October 2009

Contents page plan


After I had finished the planning and editing of my magazine cover I needed to to start making a plan of my contents page. I needed to include the editorial pillars of my magazine which were 'NEWS', 'STUDY', 'LIFE' and 'YOUR SAY'. Under the editorial pillars I needed to put my cover lines and add two more features that would be in this issue but not mentioned on the cover( 'Do You Need Relief From Stress', 'Your Letters' and Q and A'). Just like a conventional magazine I included the page numbers so the reader knows which page they need to turn to for a particular cover line story and included pictures to further help illustrate what the stories are about visually.

The title 'CONTENTS' will be in a Sans Serif font - 'Impact' like some of my coverlines of my magazine cover to tie the two together along with the Masthead on the cover.


EDITORIAL PILLARS will also be in 'Impact' and purple but smaller than the title but larger than the features.


STORIES will be in Kicker and Explanatory form in black 'Times New Roman'.


TWO IMAGES showing and putting emphasis on the main cover line/stories to give the reader a sense of what they are about. I will have a image of st marylebone letters to illustrate the feature on the postal strike showing how the post is getting backlogged and key letters and information may not be getting through. The other image will be of two students studying with one looking like she is struggling with work to show the issue the feature of the Sixth Form Survival Guide will address - the target audience of sixth form students will identify with this scene as they too may feel like they are struggling with A level work and may want to read about how thay could improve.

PAGE NUMBERS will be in the left bottom corner in white on the images to illustrate where you can find the main features. ('Impact' but larger Font size than the page numbers)


ELLIPSIES - I will use ellipsies from the last kicker or explanatory of a editorial pillar to guide the readers eye line to the page number.

No comments:

Post a Comment