Friday 4 December 2009

Photos taken and edited part 1



In the first photo I took I decided that i wanted a simple pose so I didn't want any props - I wanted to focus on the direct challenging gaze associated with rock magazine conventions.

The gaze is direct which could be interpreted as a challenge to the reader or a sign of confidence or even arrogance similar to the attitude most rock models adopt especially with the model leaning her head to the left side (rule of left third helps point to the left third and therefore the all important text), which is a questioning pose/body language. I asked the model to have her first costume casual in order to convey that the model isn't concerned about what other people think about her. The location/background is a white doorway which i hoped would naturally frame the model and have few connotations so the reader is not distracted.

After I had taken the photo I needed to edit it:

1)'Enhance -> auto levels' - the program automatically corrects average issues of the level of contast/lightness and tonal so I don't need to worry about it.

2) 'Enhance -> auto contrast'- the program automatically fixes the contrast levels so i don't need to worry about it.

3) 'Enhance -> Adjust lighting -> shadow/highlights'- I slightly increased the light and the dark tones to make the the image more clearer with better lighting/tones.

4) 'Adjustment layer (hue/saturation)-> photo filter x3- I adjusted the colour of the image giving it slight orange, black and yellow/green hues to make the location and the model look visually more appealing fixing the quality of the skin tone giving it an overexposed look.

5) 'Burn tool' - I used the tool to darken the models eyelashes and eyeliner to bring attention to her eyes emphasising her challenging/questioning stare. I darkened the models roots to support the overexposed effect.

6) 'Blur tool' - I used the tool to smooth out the models skin to fix any blemishes or textures that were an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment