Friday 4 December 2009

Riff Raff take 2



The first draft of Riff Raff was not working effectively either to to with poor colour choice or missing conventions.

To tackle this:

1)The featured artists kicker colour was not effective and blended too much with the the background therefore I decided to change it to white by using the Painr bucket tool'.

2) I then decided to fill in the letters of the masthead blue and white alternately with the 'paint bucket tool' this is so i could tie in my colour scheme of black, blue and white.

3)I then added the missing dateline in white Flair roman with a black drop shadow.
I achieved this by duplicating the 'dateline layer' and putting it behind the first layer and retyping the dateline in black before finally using the 'move tool to achieve the drop shadow.

4) My first draft did not have a barcode therefore by using the search engine 'Google images' I searched for an image of a barcode to 'copy' and Edit -> 'paste' onto my magazine cover in Photo shop. I then used the 'move tool' to re size the image and place in the bottom left because of the excess space there.









No comments:

Post a Comment