Friday 4 December 2009

Riff Raff cover take 1





Since I had edited the 'Main image' all i needed to do was to deal with the text of the cover. This included the 'Masthead', 'Strap line', 'Cover line', 'Main cover line' and 'Featured artists'.

For the Masthead I used a 'Black Casper' font in size 500 in black. I used bold blue Flair Roman for the strap line. I used black 'Impact' for the kicker of the cover line and a bold blue Flair Roman explanatory. I used bold black Flair Roman for the kicker of the main cover line and the explanatory in blue 'Impact'. I used bold 'Flair Roman'for the kicker of the featured artists in the same colour as the background by using the 'eyedropper tool' and blue 'impact' for the explanatory.
The diferences from my plan is the positioning of the featured artists to the right bottom of the cover to comply with the western eye flow and to make the text seem less like a list.
The 'a' of the 'raff'' was not the same kind of black casper font as the 'i' of the 'Riff'' therefore it offfset the symmetry that i was aiming for therefore i needed to change this. I achieved this by simplfying the masthead ('Simply layer') so it becomes like an image. Then i used the 'rubber tool' to rub out the 'a', (I also rubbed out the part of the masthead that was covering the model so it looks like the model is in front of the mast head following the conventions of successful music magazines). To make it symmetrical i needed to make an 'a' in the style of 'BLack Casper' font - first i used the 'shape tool' to make a rectangle and used the 'paint bucket tool' colour it black. Then i used the 'text box' to enter an 'a' that was the same as the 'i' within the black rectangle. I then used the 'eyedropper tool' and 'paint bucket tool' to change the 'a' ('Cloister black')into the same colour as the background( I then 'link layers'). Finally i used the 'move tool to resize and reposition so that the 'a' is slanted like the 'i' and in the masthead.

No comments:

Post a Comment